Midway slips past James Kenan, 6-4
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on April 3, 2011 1:51 AM
WARSAW -- James Kenan left the bases loaded in the bottom of the seventh inning, and dropped a 6-4 heartbreaker to Tri-County 1-A Conference foe Midway on Friday evening.
Ricky Langston led the Tigers with two hits, including a double, and an RBI. Kedron Foster contributed a double and an RBI, and walked twice. Seth Bass (RBI) and TJ Fullwood each contributed a hit.
Tyler Haney endured the mound loss, despite striking out eight Raider hitters in a five-inning stint. Midway plated six runs (three earned) on six hits and three walks against Haney.
Langston supplied two innings of one-hit, three-strikeout relief.
James Kenan (5-7 overall, 2-4 TCC) travels to Hobbton on Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne Christian falls to Community Christian in CCC girls' soccer
- Seventh-inning grand slam lifts Chargers past Rebels
- North Lenoir nips Cleveland, 2-1, in ECC softball action
- Hawks' diamond nine soar past Cleveland, 12-0
- Princeton softball shuts out Goldsboro
- Princeton eases past Goldsboro on baseball diamond
- C.B. Aycock baseball doubles up Triton
- N. Duplin-Ayden-Grifton box
- Hill throws complete-game, five-hitter for Rebels
- MOC men's volleyball team repeats as conference regular-season champ