By From staff reports
Published in Sports on April 5, 2011 1:47 PM
Wayne Christian 13,
Grace Christian 3
* Wayne Christian wasted no time putting away Grace Christian of Raleigh 13-3 in five innings on Monday afternoon.
Chandler Harrell went the distance on the pitcher's mound to earn the win.
Jordan Crouthamel led the Eagles at the plate with two base hits.
Wayne Christian (3-5 overall) plays host to Crossroads Christian today.
Greene Central 14, North Pitt 4
* BETHEL -- Greene Central got its offense off the ground early and cruised to a 14-4 win over Eastern Plains 2-A Conference rival North Pitt on Monday afternoon.
The Rams finished off the Panthers in just five innings.
Wes Sowers went the distance on the pitcher's mound to earn the win. Sowers allowed four hits and struck out five North Pitt batters.
Trent Murray led the Rams at the plate with three hits and two runs scored.
Greene Central (8-3 overall, 6-1 EPC) is the guest of Charles B. Aycock on Wednesday.
Bethel Christian 13,
Faith Christian 6
* Faith Christian failed to cool off the hot bats of Bethel Christian in a 13-6 defeat on Monday afternoon.
Michael Clark suffered the loss on the pitcher's mound despite tallying seven strikeouts.
Matt Lambert led Faith Christian at the plate with two hits and two runs scored.
Faith Christian (3-2 overall) entertains Cornerstone Christian on Thursday.
AYDEN -- Rosewood fired a team score of 331 and cruised to a victory over the rest of the Carolina 1-A Conference teams at Ayden Country Club on Monday afternoon.
The Eagles defeated their nearest competition by 65 strokes.
Nick Adams paced the Eagles with a round of 77. Andrew Henn (80), Bret Robinson (81) and Blake Weaver (93) rounded out the Rosewood team score.
The next Carolina 1-A meet is Wednesday at Goldsboro Municipal Golf Course.
Oakwood Academy 5,
Wayne Christian 4
* GREENVILLE -- Oakwood Academy captured four points in singles play and held off Wayne Christian 5-4 on Monday afternoon.
Kenneth Giordano and Matthew Jackson each picked up a win in singles action for the Eagles.
The tandems of Christopher Easom-Daniel Glover and Giordano-Jackson each won their respective doubles match.
Wayne Christian (3-3 overall) will battle Grace Christian today.
* Softball: Eastern Wayne 8, Rosewood 0 -- Rachel McCollum recorded 19 strikeouts in the pitcher's circle to earn the victory. Sara Rice finished with three hits for Eastern Wayne. Britni McAlduff and Jenna Rouse each finished with one hit. Eastern Wayne plays host to Greenwood on Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- S. Creek-N. Duplin baseball box
- Bulldogs chomp past Gators, 5-0
- North Duplin deals Spring Creek first league loss of season
- Eagles attack Cougar defense
- Local Preps Digest
- North Lenoir upsets C.B. Aycock
- Prep baseball boxes
- Rosewood wins golf match at GMGC
- South Johnston shuts out Eastern Wayne baseball
- Geeker Sports Achievement Awards