Area Preps Digest
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on April 17, 2011 1:51 AM
Princeton 1, North Duplin 0
* PRINCETON -- Defending Carolina 1-A Conference champion Princeton squeezed out an unearned run in a 1-0 victory over North Duplin.
Rebels pitcher Ansley Hill scattered three hits and posted six strikeouts in the complete-game loss.
Skylar McCarty, Alonna Pate and Rachel Barwick had one hit apiece for North Duplin.
Aycock wins two
* NASHVILLE -- Charles B. Aycock won a pair of games at Glover Park on Saturday to advance to the finals of the Spring Break Bash in Nashville.
The Golden Falcons defeated Rocky Mount 15-0 in three innings and knocked off Warren County 14-0 in five innings in the second game of the day. Aycock faces Northern Nash at 7 p.m. on Monday.
Meredith Burroughs led the Golden Falcons (15-4) with three hits and three RBI in the victory over Rocky Mount. Cierra Harris (two RBI) and Ashley Shingleton (RBI) both supplied two hits. Connor Davis (three RBI), Brooke Bell (two RBI), Rachel Jordan and Kathleen Doughty all contributed a hit.
Shingleton earned the win in the pitcher's circle.
Jordan finished with four hits, including a home run, and an RBI in the win over Warren County. Burroughs was 2 for 2 at the plate with two home runs and three RBI. Amber Rose (RBI) and Bell both tallied two hits. Misty Edwards (three RBI), Jessica Hare (three RBI), Harris (two RBI), Shingleton and Ivy Hartzell each had a hit.
Bell collected the win in game two with three shutout innings.
Greene Central 7, Kinston 6
* SNOW HILL -- Greene Central edged Eastern Plains 2-A Conference foe Kinston 7-6 on Friday night.
Ryan Cobb earned the win on the mound for the Rams.
Wes Sowers (RBI), Colby Chase (RBI) and Ryan Cobb each had two hits. Will Crandle supplied a triple.
Greene Central (11-4, 9-1 EPC) plays host to Southwest Edgecombe on Tuesday.
Crossroads Christian 13, Wayne Christian 8
* Visiting Crossroads Christian defeated Wayne Christian 13-8 on Friday.
Chase Dardlen led the Eagles with three hits. Ryan Cooke and Tan Sanders both provided two hits. Tyler Mooring and Jordan Crouthamel each had a hit. Wayne Christian (3-9) faces Northwood at Community Christian on Monday.
* Baseball: Southern Wayne 10, South Johnston 6 -- Nathan Barwick (three RBI), Jacob Sasser (two RBI), Cody Wendorf (two RBI) and Tyler Powell (RBI) each had two hits for the Saints (8-6). Drake Shaw, Garrad Whitfield, Thomas Kelly and Braxton Hood all contributed a hit.
* Baseball: Eastern Wayne 7, C.B. Aycock 4 -- Justin Lee earned the win on the mound for Eastern Wayne in 42/3 innings of work. Jeremy Lancaster recorded the save. M.J. Morgan had two hits for the Warriors, including a home run. Brandon Johnson also supplied two hits. Jeremy Lancaster belted a home run and Greyson Wells, Tyler Hutter and Tyler Warren all had one hit.
* Baseball: Wayne Christian 14, Crossroads Christian 6 -- Brandon Price doubled, tripled and drove in two runs in a 3-for-4 outing for the Eagles. Hunter Burt (RBI) added three hits, including a triple. Chandler Gentry, Carlyle Smith (RBI) and Holden Foster contributed two hits apiece. Tanner Rose (RBI) and Austin Howell (RBI) each had one hit. Gentry and Rose combined for the mound win. The Eagles (9-1) travel to Village Christian on Monday.