By Ryan Hanchett
Published in Sports on April 26, 2011 1:47 PM
Greene Central dumps Havelock
* GREENVILLE -- Greene Central kept up its recent red-hot offense in a 13-3 rout of Havelock in the second round of the Pitt County Spring Invitational at Guy Smith Stadium on Monday afternoon.
The Rams were led by Gunner Tyndall, who delivered three hits at the plate. Will Crandle, Wes Sowers and Chad Murphy each added two hits in the victory.
Deric Grant tossed a six-inning complete game on the pitcher's mound to earn the win. Grant allowed four hits and struck out six batters.
Greene Central (13-4 overall) battles Eastern Wayne tonight in the final game of the invitational. The contest will take place at 7 p.m. at South Central High School.
Faith Christian 11, Trinity-Greenville 2
* GREENVILLE -- Faith Christian picked up a key late-season victory over N.C. Christian Schools Association Coastal 2-A foe Trinity Christian on Monday afternoon.
Brandon Jones led the Conquerors with a complete game perfomance on the pitcher's mound. Jones got the win and struck out six batters in the process.
Matt Lambert paced the Faith Christian offense with three hits and an RBI. Michael Clark added two hits and an RBI.
Faith Christian (7-3 overall) plays host to Cornerstone Christian today.
* Baseball: Eastern Wayne d. Rosewood -- Josh Dixon earned the win on the pitcher's mound for the Warriors. Jeremy Lancaster led the victors at the plate with three hits and three RBI. Greyson Wells, MJ Morgan and Tyler Huetter each added two hits in the win.
Other Local Sports
- WCDS-Waccamaw baseball box
- MOC athletes honored with season-ending awards banquet
- Chargers avoid Warriors' ambush
- Local teams to compete in NCHSAA golf regionals
- Adkins: Aycock's ECC title run was pleasant surprise
- Southeast Region foes MOC, Catawba split baseball twinbill
- Trojan squads record best Joby Hawn Cup finish in program history
- Gators, Rebels chasing Chargers
- County baseball rivals begin ECC tournament title quest Tuesday
- Stakes high for MOC