Trojans ink All-State pair
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on April 27, 2011 1:47 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Mount Olive College has signed two Virginia High School League All-State picks to national letters-of-intent in men's basketball.
Kendall Hargrove and Jordan McCain, who both hail from Woodbridge, Va., will join the Trojans this fall.
The 6-foot-2 Hargrove averaged 20.1 points and 4.9 assists during his senior season at C.D. Hylton HS. He earned second-team VHSL All-State recognition and played in the Virginia High School All-Star game.
McCain, a 6-4 standout from Potomac HS, averaged a double-double -- 20.8 points and 10.6 rebounds -- during his senior campaign. He was a first-team VHSL All-State pick, and was named the 2010-11 Northwest Region and Cardinal District player-of-the-year.
McCain also played in the All-Star Game.
"Kendall is an exceptional athlete and scorer with so much potential," said MOC head coach Joey Higginbotham. "He will help us on the perimeter. Jordan is a very versatile player. I expect him to play many positions for us.
"Both Kendall and Jordan are great kids with great support from their parents. We are excited to add both to our Trojan family."
MOC finished 14-13 overall last season, including a 9-9 record against Conference Carolinas opposition.
Other Local Sports
- WCDS-Waccamaw baseball box
- MOC athletes honored with season-ending awards banquet
- Chargers avoid Warriors' ambush
- Local teams to compete in NCHSAA golf regionals
- Adkins: Aycock's ECC title run was pleasant surprise
- Southeast Region foes MOC, Catawba split baseball twinbill
- Trojan squads record best Joby Hawn Cup finish in program history
- Gators, Rebels chasing Chargers
- County baseball rivals begin ECC tournament title quest Tuesday
- Stakes high for MOC