By Ryan Hanchett
Published in Sports on April 28, 2011 1:47 PM
C.B. Aycock routs Princeton
* PRINCETON -- Charles B. Aycock belted 18 hits in a 13-2, non-conference win over Princeton on Wednesday night.
The Golden Falcons got four sharp innings on the mound from Derek Limbaugh as he earned the win. Limbaugh allowed two runs on three hits and struck out five Bulldawg batters.
Cameron Taylor and Tyler Farmer each belted four hits for the Golden Falcons. Jon Taylor finished with three hits, including a home run. Mick Walker delivered two base knocks.
C.B. Aycock (16-5 overall) will enjoy an extended break before playing in the second round of the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference tournament on May 5. Princeton (6-12) plays host to Ayden-Grifton on Tuesday.
* Baseball: C.B. Aycock 21, Southern Wayne 12 -- The Golden Falcons' Ryan Grant belted a grand slam home run, a two-run homer and earned the mound win in relief during the Wayne County JV Invitational contested in Pikeville. Grant finished with seven RBI, scored three runs and tossed 11/3 innings of three-strikeout, one-hit relief against the Saints. Dustin Price (RBI) and Hunter Jones (two RBI) provided two hits apiece. Conner Crandall, Logan Brown (RBI), Gregory Johnson, Logan Runyon and Tim Naughton (RBI) each contributed one hit in the victory.
Other Local Sports
- WCDS-Waccamaw baseball box
- MOC athletes honored with season-ending awards banquet
- Chargers avoid Warriors' ambush
- Local teams to compete in NCHSAA golf regionals
- Adkins: Aycock's ECC title run was pleasant surprise
- Southeast Region foes MOC, Catawba split baseball twinbill
- Trojan squads record best Joby Hawn Cup finish in program history
- Gators, Rebels chasing Chargers
- County baseball rivals begin ECC tournament title quest Tuesday
- Stakes high for MOC