Quinn, Southeastern CC reach World Series
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on May 17, 2011 1:47 PM
MOREHEAD CITY -- Jordan Quinn gets to play for the ring.
Quinn and his Southeastern Community College teammates captured the Region X Division II title Monday evening with a 6-4 victory over Surry Community College.
The Rams (35-19) secured a berth in the NJCAA Division II World Series, which begins May 28 in Enid, Okla.
Southeastern opened the double-elimination tournament with a 6-2 triumph over archrival Lenoir Community College. The Rams defeated Albemarle 7-6 and Surry 11-3 to reach the title game.
Quinn, a Charles B. Aycock graduate, threw 75-plus innings this season and compiled a 5-2 record on the mound. Teammate Eric Dubose, also a C.B. Aycock alum, was redshirted this season after having Tommy John surgery.
Other Local Sports
- Lawrence turns back WCDS, 5-3
- Gryphons oust Golden Falcons, 7-4
- Chargers pull off OT shocker
- Trojans' Watt enjoys new role
- Talented teams, players present good challenge at regional
- Local preps digest
- Duo puts Warriors in east finals
- C.B. Aycock-S. Brunswick box
- Mozingo holds reigning 3-A east champs hitless
- ECC co-champ Aycock knocks out S. Brunswick