Hampton throws no-hitter for C.B. Aycock junior legion
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on June 6, 2011 1:47 PM
Hampton throws no-hitter
* PIKEVILLE -- Charles B. Aycock seized a pair of shutouts, 2-0 and 5-0, against Wilson Blue in Junior American Legion baseball action Sunday afternoon.
Bobby Hampton tossed a no-hitter in the opener. He struck out two, walked three and hit one batter, and aided his cause with a 2-for-3 offensive showing at the plate.
Justin Barbour batted 2-for-2. Logan Brown (two RBI) and Ryan Grant added one hit apiece.
Jacob Naughton and Ben Rouse combined for a shutout in the nightcap. Naughton allowed two hits and struck out four in 32/3 innings of work. Rouse tossed 11/3 innings of no-hit, one-strikeout relief.
Barbour, Ryan Davis (two RBI), Gregory Johnson, Hank Smitherman and Garrett Joyner each had one hit in the win. Smitherman swiped two bases.
Aycock (7-2 overall) is the guest of Wilson Red on Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Aycock scores early, rolls to victory
- Stevens: Cousins' collision with Posey sparks controversy and debate
- Wayne South wins on Dove's walk-off homer
- Junior Legion boxes
- Mount Olive's Levitt, Knox chosen in Major League draft
- Wilson Blue slips past Wayne West
- C.B. Aycock's Farmer signs with Louisburg
- Trojans' Capps drafter by Mariners
- Solid tryout helps Wayne Christian senior with choice
- Aycock, Southern Wayne athletes cop player-of-the-year accolades