By From staff reports
Published in Sports on June 14, 2011 1:47 PM
West Johnston 13,
Wayne South 3
* BENSON -- West Johnston captured the season series by beating Wayne South 13-3 on Monday night.
Jackson Hayes suffered the loss on the pitcher's mound.
Kevin Williams led the South offense with two hits. Clayton Cashwell and Taylor Raynor each finished with one hit.
Wayne South entertains Wayne North on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
Wayne South 6, Snow Hill 4
* DUDLEY -- Wayne South held off Snow Hill for a 6-4 Junior American Legion victory.
Jamie Dove led Wayne South with two hits. Ashton Cox provided a home run. Taylor Raynor, Clayton Cashwell, Gerrad Whitfield and Jacob Reedy each collected a hit.
Starting pitcher Jacob Sasser got the win on the mound for Wayne South. Sasser allowed six hits with seven strikeouts and a walk in 41/3 innings.
Sam Ferrell allowed one hit with a strikeout and a walk in 22/3 innings of relief.
Other Local Sports
- Rocky Mount hands Wayne County 8-4 defeat
- Post 11-Rocky Mount box score
- Jones, Larison repeat; Adams is 15U champ
- Wayne County Jr. Amateur results
- Wayne South doubles up C.B. Aycock
- W. South - Aycock box score
- Wayne North-Wayne South Junior Legion
- Devonte White -- Pitt CC
- Opinion -- MLB realignment
- Champions are back for 2011 WCMA