By From staff reports
Published in Sports on June 15, 2011 1:47 PM
Walnut Creek LGA
* Faye Franklin and Evelyn Rose captured first low net and second low net, respectively, in second flight competition during the Southern Wayne Invitational contested on Tuesday.
Mary Morris took first low gross in third flight.
Joyce Reynolds claimed third low net and Dot Julian won low putts in fourth flight play.
Hiromi Sueki emerged the low gross winner during weekly tournament play on the Walnut Creek Country Club links. Betty Holloway and Gaye Bryant seized low net and low putts, respectively.
One week earlier, Kathy Woodard was the low gross winner in first flight action during regular play on the WCCC course. Jewel Ivey had low net and Gaye Bryant had low putts in first flight.
In second flight, Reynolds (low gross), Dot Julian (low net) and Nancy Aichelle (low putts) fared well. Charlotte Campbell grabbed second low gross in third flight action during Eastern Carolina Ladies Golf League play at Willow Springs CC in Wilson.
Lane Tree LGA
* Barbara Hill was the game-of-the-week winner during action on the Lane Tree Golf Club links. Mary Ann Sutton and Linda Watson won low net and low putts, respectively.
Other Local Sports
- Rocky Mount hands Wayne County 8-4 defeat
- Post 11-Rocky Mount box score
- Jones, Larison repeat; Adams is 15U champ
- Wayne County Jr. Amateur results
- Wayne South doubles up C.B. Aycock
- W. South - Aycock box score
- Wayne North-Wayne South Junior Legion
- Devonte White -- Pitt CC
- Opinion -- MLB realignment
- Champions are back for 2011 WCMA