By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on June 23, 2011 1:47 PM
C.B. Aycock 16, North Raleigh 6, 5 innings
* PIKEVILLE -- Justin Barbour cranked out four hits, including two doubles, and drove in four runs during Charles B. Aycock's 16-6 triumph over North Raleigh Post 297 on Wednesday evening.
Officials halted the mercy-rule contest in the fifth inning.
Noah West slugged a home run and collected four RBI during a 2-for-3 outing. Adam Pate homered and plated two runs in a 2-for-5 effort. Jordan Lee (two RBI) and Bobby Hampton provided two hits apiece.
Ryan Grant, Gregory Johnson and Garrett Joyner (RBI) each had one hit. Hank Smitherman swiped two bases and scored three runs.
Jacob Naughton surrendered six hits and three runs in a four-inning stint for Aycock. Ben Rouse threw one inning of four-hit relief.
Aycock (13-5 overall) entertains West Johnston today.
Lane Tree LGA
* Libby Newsome emerged the game-of-the-week winner on the Lane Tree Golf Club links. Teresa Shearin and Linda Watson seized low net and low putts, respectively.
Other Local Sports
- Graduation, draft deplete MOC baseball 'cupboard'
- Briggs leads Southern Virginia to USCAA national championship
- Wayne County-Ahoskie box scores
- Costly sweep: Post 11 loses key player against Ahoskie
- Wayne South capitalizes on Spring Creek mistakes
- Wayne South-Spring Creek box
- Wayne County-RM Post 58 box
- Post 11 throttles Rocky Mount
- Stevens: Time slowly ticking away for NFL