By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on July 15, 2011 1:47 PM
Walnut Creek LGA
* Kathy Woodward emerged the first low gross winner in Championship flight play during an East Carolina Ladies Golf Association meet contested Thursday on the Walnut Creek Country Club links.
More than 40 players from 10 clubs participated in the event.
Evelyn Rose and Faye Franklin captured first and second low gross, respectively, in first flight action. Mary Morris and Charlotte Campbell secured first and second low gross, respectively, in the second flight.
Pete Reaves took second low net and Linda Cannon seized low putts in third flight.
Campbell secured low-gross honors during tournament play at WCCC earlier this week. Reaves was the low net winner, while Franklin and Cannon shared low putts.
A week earlier, Hiromi Sueki (low gross), Reaves (low net) and Cannon (low putts) fared well on the WCCC layout.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County-Henderson box
- Wayne County eliminates West Raleigh
- Wayne County-West Raleigh box
- Behrend taking wrestling talents to NAIA power Jamestown (ND) College
- Wayne County overcomes sluggish start against Henderson
- Post 11 storms back after 2010
- Simms inks baseball NLI with Lenoir CC
- Massey wants to restore once-proud tradition
- Wayne County drops state tournament opener
- Wayne County and Cary to meet on Sunday