Geeker Classic Remix
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on August 5, 2011 1:47 PM
One Geeker Classic just wasn't enough.
More than 300 people attended the inaugural event nearly two months ago, and have demanded another day-long, basketball festival.
So, Eric Vaughn is obliging hoops fans with a Geeker Classic Remix.
The middle school game tips off at 3 p.m. on Sunday, and and launches six hours of action inside Norvell T. Lee Gymnasium on the Goldsboro High campus. In addition to the games, which feature some of Wayne County's best talent on the hardwood, a 3-point shooting contest and dunk battle is also scheduled.
Door prizes will be awarded.
Tickets are available at the door.
Prices are as follows:
* Adults 21 and over: $7;
* Middle- and high school-aged children, and college students: $5;
* Elementary students 6 and over: $3.
* Children under 5 admitted free.
The first 100 school-age children will receive free school supplies. Proceeds from the Remix go toward mentoring young men and women in Wayne County.
For complete information, visit Geeker Classic Remix Game on Facebook.
Other Local Sports
- Capps signs with Seattle
- Triton tabbed as ECC favorite
- Association ruling draws uproar from community
- Cougars, Chargers picked to contend for Carolina 1-A crown
- Local golf
- Simmons places 7th
- Teams begin Series title quest
- Triton the favorite in ECC
- Cherryville Post 100 kicked out of Southeast Regional
- Goldsboro Family Y Sprint Triathlon results