By Ryan Hanchett
Published in Sports on September 8, 2011 1:49 PM
Wayne Country Day 7, Raleigh Ravenscroft 0
* RALEIGH -- Margaux Pope and Bethany Stoutamire each recorded a hat trick (three goals) in Wayne Country Day's 7-0 triumph over Ravenscroft on Wednesday afternoon.
It was the Chargers' second shutout of the Ravens this season.
Pope and Stoutamire each added an assist for WCDS, which improved to 2-1-0 overall under the guidance of head coach Catherine Tanner Stuber. Margaret Tanner provided one goal and one assist.
Catherine Langston passed out three assists. Kate Thompson had one assist.
Wayne Country Day travels to Parrott Academy today.
North Lenoir 5, C.B. Aycock 2
* LaGRANGE -- North Lenoir got off to a hot start and never looked back in a 5-2 win over Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference foe C.B. Aycock on Wendesday night.
Justin Shimer and Chastin Radford each scored two goals for the Hawks. Filiberto Gonzalez rounded-out the home team's tally with one goal. Oscar Navarette dished-out four assists in the win. Oscar Avila assisted on North Lenoir's fifth goal.
Caleb Baird made eight saves for the Hawks.
Collin Zacharzuk scored two unassisted goals for the Golden Falcons.
North Lenoir (4-1-0 overall, 1-0 ECC) is the guest of Rosewood today. C.B. Aycock (2-1-0, 1-1) entertains two-time defending ECC regular-season champion South Johnston on Monday.
Rosewood 3, Wilson Fike 0
* WILSON -- Rosewood rallied for a win in the first set and rolled to a 25-22, 25-18, 25-14 win over Wilson Fike on Wednesday afternoon.
Ellen Morgan led the Eagles with six kills and four digs. Stephanie Hall finished with six assists and five digs. Rachyle McAlduff added five assists and five aces.
Rosewood (7-1 overall) will travel to Corinth Holders on Monday.
Princeton 3, Bunn 1
* BUNN -- Princeton overcame a sluggish third set and defeated Bunn 25-22, 25-18, 13-25, 25-19 on Wednesday night.
Amber Hill led the Bulldawgs with 10 kills. Nicole Melvin added eight blocks and seven kills. Savanna Massengill added six blocks and three kills.
Princeton will open Carolina 1-A Conference play on Tuesday against Spring Creek.
North Duplin 3, North Johnston 2
* KENLY -- North Duplin pulled off a thrilling 26-24, 25-20, 18-25, 23-25, 15-13 win over North Johnston on Wednesay night.
Skylar McCarty led the Rebels with 10 kills. Danielle Hinrichs added seven kills and seven digs. Tearra Ammons finished with six blocks, five digs and four kills.
Hanna Brock tallied a career-high 45 assists on the night.
North Duplin entertains Goldsboro on Tuesday.
Goldsboro 3, RM Prep 0
* ROCKY MOUNT -- Goldsboro dominated from the opening serve and defeated Rocky Mount Prep 25-16, 25-12, 25-22 on Wednesday night.
Brandy Johnson led the Cougars with six kills and five aces. Kasheika Wallace added five kills and six aces. Yuseli Lares and Ana Harris each finished with six assists.
Goldsboro (4-4 overall) visits North Duplin on Tuesday.
* Volleyball: Rosewood d. Wilson Fike 9-25, 25-11, 25-21 -- Hayley Mercer and Callie Thornton each finished with four kills for the Eagles. Kayla Hall and Emily Brock each tallied five assists in the win. Rosewood improved to 6-2 overall.
* Soccer: C.B. Aycock 1, North Lenoir 0 -- Adrian Guttierez scored the lone goal for the Golden Falcons. C.B. Aycock improved to 2-0 on the season.