C.B. Aycock-So. Wayne tennis box
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on September 14, 2011 1:49 PM
C.B. Aycock 9
Southern Wayne 0
Singles: No. 1 Brooke Barfield (CBA) d. Michala Best 6-2, 6-0; No. 2 Ashton Walker (CBA) d. Taylor Parker 6-0, 6-0; No. 3 Katie Gurley (CBA) d. Taylor Davis 6-0, 6-0; No. 4 Brittany Parrish (CBA) d. Mollianne Kennedy 6-0, 6-0; No. 5 Misty Edwards (CBA) d. Hope Rose 6-0, 6-1; No. 6 Caroline Bone (CBA) d. Claire Kennedy 6-0, 6-0.
Doubles: No. 1 Barfield-Walker (CBA) d. Best-Davis 8-0; No. 2 Gurley-Edwards (CBA) d. Parker-M. Kennedy 8-1; No. 3 Parrish-Bone (CBA) d. Rose-C. Kennedy 8-2.
Records: C.B. Aycock 11-0 overall, 7-0 Eastern Carolina 3-A; Southern Wayne 4-5, 3-3.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: Kim's goal lifts Eastern Wayne past county rival
- Cougars, Saints trading a little 'smack' off the field
- CBA snaps first-half deadlock
- Dogs stop Golden Falcons
- Lineup shuffle continues to work for Rosewood
- Goldsboro-Rosewood tennis box
- Cougars net historical league win
- Stevens: These rules you just can't break on football field
- Rosewood's Britt, Princeton's Evans record top times
- Preps digest: Warriors collect ECC tennis win on the road