Local Preps Digest
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on September 21, 2011 1:49 PM
Princeton 3, Goldsboro 0
* Princeton remained unbeaten in Carolina 1-A Conference play with a straight-sets win 25-15, 25-7, 25-14 over Goldsboro on Tuesday evening.
Nicole Melvin led the Bulldogs with 14 kills and Savanna Massengill provided eight kills. Amber Hill contributed six kills and Hannah Woodard added 13 digs and five kills. Katlyn Peedin had nine kills.
Ana Harris recorded two kills for the Cougars.
Princeton (9-2 overall, 3-0 CC) plays host to Ayden-Grifton on Thursday, while Goldsboro (4-8, 0-3) entertains Spring Creek.
Rosewood 3, Spring Creek 1
* Rosewood remained tied atop the Carolina 1-A Conference with rival Princeton with a 25-17, 17-25, 25-14, 25-11 victory over visiting Spring Creek on Tuesday evening.
Rachyle McAlduff handed out 18 assists for the Eagles with four kills, three digs and two aces. Stephanie Hall provided 12 assists and six digs. Crystal Allen finished with 10 kills, eight blocks and three aces. Megan Tyndall contributed eight kills, five digs and two assists.
Laura Vinson pitched in six kills and four digs.
Sarah Ford recorded 17 assists for the Gators and Kelsey Rogers had 14 kills.
Spring Creek entertains Southern Wayne today, while Rosewood (10-3 overall, 3-0 CC) travels to North Duplin on Thursday.
Wayne Christian 3,
Community Christian 1
* Wayne Christian turned back Carolina Christian 1-A Conference opponent Community Christian 18-25, 25-10, 25-11, 25-18 on Tuesday evening.
Katie Isenhower distributed 24 assists for the Eagles. Haley Greenwood recorded 17 digs to go with three aces. Senior middle hitter Jessica Swets pounded out 13 kills and also had two blocks.
Britney O'Hara had 12 kills and five aces. Katie Caviness supplied 14 digs and six kills.
Wayne Christian (10-2 overall, 4-1 CCC) is playing in the Trinity of Durham tournament on Friday and Saturday.
North Duplin 3, Ayden-Grifton
* AYDEN -- North Duplin earned a 25-19, 30-28, 25-14 Carolina 1-A Conference win at Ayden-Grifton on Tuesday evening.
Skylar McCarty finished with eight kills, five aces and two blocks for the Rebels. Hannah Brock dished out 30 assists. Ansley Hill contributed five kills, three blocks and an ace. Tearra Ammons had five kills, four blocks and three aces.
Danielle Hinrichs collected four aces, four kills and three digs.
North Duplin (8-4 overall, 2-1 CC) entertains Rosewood on Thursday.
Wayne Christian 2,
Community Christian 2
* Wayne Christian built a 2-0 lead but couldn't make it stand up in a 2-2 tie with visiting Carolina Christian 1-A Conference foe Community Christian on Tuesday evening.
Chris Smith scored off Victor Kokiko's assist to give the Eagles a 1-0 lead. Chase Darden's goal extended the lead to 2-0. Christian Bullard delivered the equalizing goal for Community Christian in the second half. The two teams played two scoreless five minute overtime periods.
Wayne Christian (3-4-2 overall, 3-1-1 CCC) travels to Wilson Christian on Thursday.
* Volleyball: Rosewood d. Spring Creek 25-20, 25-19 -- Kayla Hardee provided four aces for the Eagles. Callie Thornton had three aces and three kills. Kayla Hall added two aces and two digs. Ashton Ross finished with five kills for the Gators. Spring Creek (2-1 CC) plays host to Southern Wayne today. Rosewood (9-3 overall, 2-1) visits North Duplin on Thursday.
* Volleyball: Faith Christian d. Berean Baptist 25-23, 25-23 -- Brooke Woodard served six aces for the Conquerors and Olivia Pierce had two kills and an ace. Faith (3-1 overall) plays Bethel Christian on Oct. 4.
* Volleyball: Princeton d. Goldsboro 25-11, 25-8 -- Maddie Jara and Alexus Davis both had two kills for the Cougars (3-6 overall, 1-2 CC).
* Soccer: Wayne Christian 2, Neuse Charter 0 -- Matthew Coulter and Hunter Burt each scored in the second half for the Eagles. Matt Jackson and Holden Fosterm both recorded assists. Graham Fussell tallied five saves in goal.
* Volleyball: Norwayne d. Spring Creek 25-15, 25-14, 25-19 -- Norwayne improved to 4-1 and plays host to Brogden on Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Stevens: Rivera has Panthers headed in right direction despite 0-2 start
- Local sports game schedules
- Morgan returns, Rosewood turns back Rebels in four sets
- Goldsboro keeps poise in league win
- Rams ride success wave
- Local Preps Digest
- Triton tops Eastern Wayne soccer
- Trojans hire Olympic medalist
- Southern Wayne-Triton set for gridiron showdown
- Local digest