Local Preps Digest
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on November 22, 2011 1:48 PM
Princeton 73, Midway 41
* SPIVEY'S CORNER -- Dalvin Stancil and CJ Jefferys each scored 20 points to lead Princeton to a 73-41, season-opening win Monday night at Midway.
Rusty Wallace supplied 10 points for the Bulldogs and Aaron Simpkins had nine. Princeton travels to Corinth-Holders tonight.
* Boy's basketball: Wayne Country Day 60, Pope John Paul 31 -- Dennis Mitchell scored a team-high 24 points for the Chargers. Tyler Talton contributed nine points and Kris Cooley had seven. Wayne Country Day (2-0) travels to Fayetteville Christian on Nov. 29.
* Girls basketball: Norwayne 43, Brogden 11 -- Taylor Daniels led Norwayne with 16 points. Allison Shingleton provided 10 points and Tamika Powell had five. Norwayne (1-0) plays host to Greenwood on Nov. 29.
* Girl's basketball: Wilson Christian 19, Wayne Christian 14 -- Emily Wells and Kasey Norris paced Wayne Christian with four points apiece. Wells pulled down 13 rebounds and Brooke Slusher had 11.
* Boy's basketball: Wilson Christian 42, Wayne Christian 11 -- Cody Howell finished with five points for the Eagles. Wayne Christian (2-2) visits Northwood Temple today.
Other Local Sports
- Mount Olive College will add men's lacrosse in 2012-13
- Wise makes choice, signs with UNC
- Ducky weather calls for wing shooting deer
- News-Argus Defensive Player of the Year -- Keith Jones
- News-Argus Football Coach of the Year --Ken Avent Jr.
- News-Argus Offensive Player of the Year -- Devin Oliver
- Area grapplers roll around during Eastern Wayne meet
- Wednesday digest
- Prep Swim meet produces regional times
- Trojans crank out road win