By From staff reports
Published in Sports on December 13, 2011 1:48 PM
Southern Nash 60, Goldsboro 55
* BAILEY -- Goldsboro fell behind by double digits in the opening minutes and never recovered in a 60-55 loss to Southern Nash on Monday night.
The loss was the second in a row for the Cougars (2-5 overall).
Moses Ramsey led the Goldsboro offense with 14 points. Octavius Alston added eight points and seven rebounds. Demarian Henderson finished with seven points and eight boards.
Goldsboro entertains North Lenoir on Wednesday.
Lejeune 55, Rosewood 44
* JACKSONVILLE -- Lejeune effectively slowed down Rosewood's high-octane offense in a 55-44 victory on Monday night.
Jyonte Raynor and Joel Davis each finished with nine points for the Eagles.
Rosewood (3-4 overall) plays host to Lakewood on Wednesday night.
* Girls' basketball: Norwayne 43, Eastern Wayne 16 -- Tanika Powell paced the Cobras with 13 points. Taylor Daniels added 11 points in the win. Dejah Thompson emerged the leading scorer for Eastern Wayne with four points. Norwayne improved to 4-1 overall.
Other Local Sports
- Cleveland wrestlers take down C.B. Aycock
- Chargers, Eagles dive in the pool
- Local Preps Digest
- WCDS boys fall at home
- Warriors fend off Rams
- prep basketball boxes
- EW-S. Johnston wrestling box
- Eastern Wayne takes advantage of short-handed South Johnston
- Stevens: 'It's just a game' mentality getting lost in sports these days
- MOC slips past UNCP men