Chargers, Eagles dive in the pool
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on December 14, 2011 1:48 PM
Chargers, Eagles hit the pool
* Wayne Christian's Danielle Gentry and Wayne Country Day's Jessica Eisenhauser each logged a top-five time in the girls' 50-yard freestyle during a swim meet contested at the Goldsboro Family Y.
Gentry touched the wall third in 31.76 seconds, while Eisenhauser placed fifth in 33.96. Fellow Charger Dalton Kennedy ended up seventh in 34.84.
In the 100 free, Gentry earned a fourth-place finish of 1:12.54.
Bethany Stoutamire led a 5-6-7 effort by Wayne Country Day with a time of 1:20.48. Teammates Dalton and Kate Thompson touched the wall next followed by three Eagles -- Kristina Rousay, Amy Clark and Jordan Anderson.
Eisenhauser emerged the runner-up in the 100 yard breaststroke, and swam the anchor leg on the 200 free relay that placed third overall. She was joined by Dalton, Stoutamire and Thompson.
Wayne Christian's foursome of Rousay, Clark, Gentry and Molly Glover took fourth in the 200 free relay.
On the boys' side, Wayne Christian senior Chase Darden won the 50 free and took third in the 100 free. Teammate Cameron Foss was sixth in the 50, while Daniel Glover took 13th.
The Chargers' Robert Glass was third in the 50 free.
Other Local Sports
- Rosewood leads Carolina Conference Cup chase after fall season
- Wayne Christian-Community Christian boxes
- Foul-plagued Wayne Christian slips past Community
- WCS boys fall to Community Christian
- Aycock girls improve to 3-0 in ECC play this season
- South Johnston knocks off CBA boys
- Southern Wayne boys stay atop ECC standings
- Friday's prep basketball boxes
- Virginia Union upend MOC women
- Devilpups ease past Gators