WCS boys fall to Community Christian
By Ryan Hanchett
Published in Sports on December 17, 2011 11:19 PM
Community Christian 72, Wayne Christian 47
* Community Christian dominated from the opening tip of a 72-47 victory over Wayne Christian on Saturday afternoon.
The Cyclones' dynamic duo of Josh Willingham and Scottie Harris proved too much for the Eagles to handle in the paint. Willingham finished with 21 points and eight rebounds. Harris added 15 points and 10 boards.
Nine of the 10 players who dressed for the game recorded at least one field goal for Commnuity.
Seth Slusher paced Wayne Christian with 10 points and six rebounds. Chase Darden and Dylan Smith each added nine points in the defeat.
Wayne Christian (2-6 overall) returns to the hardwood Jan. 5 at Eastern N.C. School for the Deaf.
Other Local Sports
- Bulldog Christmas Invitational Boys recap
- Prep basketball boxes
- MOC drops Fayetteville St. women
- Mike Knox honored by Apex High School
- Bulldog Christmas Invitational Girls recap
- MOC falls to Wingate
- Local digest
- Eastern Wayne quad -- part II
- Rosewood leads Carolina Conference Cup chase after fall season
- Wayne Christian-Community Christian boxes