Local Preps Digest
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on January 9, 2012 1:48 PM
Faith Christian 69,
Gospel Light 59
* MONROE -- Wes Caudle poured in 29 points to lead Faith Christian to a 69-59 victory over Gospel Light on Saturday in the championship game of the Monroe Tabernacle Invitational.
The Conquerors defeated Monroe Tabernacle 73-63 in Friday's semifinals.
Caudle scored 18 points against Tabernacle and was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player. Aaron Hill, an all-tournament team selection, supplied 18 points in the finals and 23 points on Friday. Silas Denlinger contributed 22 points over the two games.
Faith (7-2 overall) visits Hilltop Christian on Friday.
Wayne Christian 56,
Bethel Christian 52
* Wayne Christian built an early lead and hung on for a 56-52 win over Bethel Christian on Saturday.
Chandler Harrell led the Eagles with 15 points. Dylan Smith had 13 points and Chase Darden added nine.
Wayne Christian (3-11 overall) travels to Cape Fear Christian on Tuesday.
* Boys' basketball: Trinity-Fayetteville 61, Wayne Country Day 32 -- Dennis Mitchel scored 21 points for the Chargers. Tyler Talton and Ramel Carpenter each had six points. Wayne Country Day (6-3 overall) travels to Freedom Christian on Tuesday.
* Boys' basketball: Wayne Country Day 37, Trinity-Fayetteville 32 -- Corey Carpenter scored 14 points for the Chargers. Preston Edwards had 13 points and Jacob Norris scored six. Wayne Country Day (7-0 overall) visits Freedom Christian on Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Ayden-Grifton derails Rosewood's title hopes
- Local Preps Digest
- David Romo earns gold medal, C.B. Aycock claims 2nd overall
- Pitt named All-American
- Local digest
- Southern Wayne boys win ECC thriller
- Prep basketball boxes
- Goldsboro outlasts N.Duplin boys in OT
- Eastern Wayne downs C.B. Aycock boys
- Trojan women turn back rival Pfeiffer U