Hayes, Staton combine for 65 points in Trojans' road win at Limestone
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on January 21, 2012 11:07 PM
GAFFNEY, S.C. -- Craig Hayes sizzled the nets for a game-high 34 points and Derek Staton added 31 in Mount Olive's 88-78 victory over Limestone in a Conference Carolinas men's basketball game Saturday evening.
Hayes and Staton combined to shoot 23 of 33 from the floor, including 10 of 15 from behind the 3-point line. Hayes pulled down eight rebounds for the Trojans, who extended their modest win streak to three games.
Jordan McCain chipped in eight points and grabbed five rebounds. Kason Cheeks had five boards.
Mount Olive (11-6 overall, 4-3 CC) had 20 assists as a team on 32 field goals, and committed just five turnovers.
Limestone (8-7, 1-6) suffered its sixth defeat in its last eight outings.
Other Local Sports
- Chargers, Eagles duel in pool
- Local Preps Digest
- Trojan netters selected third
- Trojan softball tabbed 6th in poll
- Golden Falcons, Eagles compete at Jolly Roger Duals
- Fourth-quarter rally falls short for WCDS boys
- Weekend preps: North Duplin girls surprise Rosewood, end five-game skid
- Goldsboro boys extend win streak to 10 games
- Rosewood boys preserve road win at free throw line
- Friday's prep basketball boxes