Connolly caps prep career
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on February 10, 2012 1:48 PM
CARY -- Charles B. Aycock's Bryce Connolly capped her outstanding prep career with a pair of top-15 finishes in the season-ending N.C. High School Athletic Association Class 3-A swimming championships Thursday afternoon.
A senior, Connolly touched the wall 15th in the 100-yard freestyle in 57.47 seconds. She logged a 16th-place effort of 1:14.18 in the 100 breaststroke and competed on both relay teams which battled hard in the preliminary stages.
Connolly, Taylor Bradshaw, Savannah Sauls and Kylie Robertson worked together for a 22nd-place finish in the 200 medley relay in 2:09.21. They posted a 19th-place time of 1:54.18 in the 200 free relay.
Sauls ended up 20th in the 200 free in 2:11.5.
On the boys' side, Aycock's Sam Chastain turned in a 20th-place mark of 1:02.46 in the 100 backstroke. The 200 free relay of Austin Walker, Sam Pierce, Demion Creel and Chastain placed 22nd overall in 1:40.27.
Southern Wayne junior Chad Davis captured 19th in the 200 free (1:57.76) and 22nd in the 100 butterfly (59.23).
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: Rosewood girls stop Princeton in overtime
- Thornton, Eagles upend archrival
- No. 1-ranked Trojans, Bulldogs split twinbill
- Spring Creek boys continue late-season surge
- Friday's prep basketball boxes
- Trojans sweep Mercyhurst, off to 4-0 start
- MOC men's volleyball dealt another five-set loss
- Gary pours in career-high 21 as MOC women drub Converse
- Goldsboro girls polish off 3rd straight Carolina 1-A regular-season crown
- Ayden-Grifton boys deny Goldsboro's upset bid