WCDS netters nip archrival on tennis courts
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on March 24, 2012 11:08 PM
* Wayne Country Day earned two pivotal doubles points and nipped county archrival Wayne Christian, 5-4, on the Wayne Community College courts Friday afternoon.
The Chargers' No. 1 tandem of Michael Knutson-Miller Gerrard rolled past the Eagles' Daniel Glover-Chris Easom, 8-2. The No. 2 duo of Jack Langston-Douglas Williams posted an 8-1 triumph, which helped clinch the overall match win.
Knutson, Gerrard and Charlie Roethling each claimed a singles point for WCDS.
Easom improved to 6-0 on the season with a straight-set win at No. 2 singles. Teammates Matt Jackson and Hunter Timmerman, seeded fourth and fifth, respectively, each picked up a singles point.
Graham Fussell-Tyler Lacerda claimed the Eagles' doubles point.
Wayne Christian (4-2 overall) plays host to Trinity Academy of Raleigh on Tuesday afternoon, while Wayne Country Day is the guest of Coastal Christian.
Other Local Sports
- Local Preps Digest
- Kelly delivers game-winning hit
- prep baseball boxes
- Escalante extends hitting streak
- Warriors remain in sole possession of ECC lead
- Chargers let one-goal lead slip away, fall to Knights, 4-1
- Local digest
- Wayne Christian drops W. Country Day
- Wayne Christian - W. Country Day box
- Faith Christian-Berean box