By From staff reports
Published in Sports on March 31, 2012 11:50 PM
C.B. Aycock 8, Triton 0
* ERWIN -- Charles B. Aycock punched in three goals within a three-minute stretch and hammered Triton, 8-0, in an Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference affair Friday evening.
Sam Parrish's assist to Cheyenne Warrick in the sixth minute proved to be the game-winning mark for the Golden Falcons. Warrrick scored two minutes later on Alex Strickland's assist and Niki Fitzmorris collected a goal in the ninth minute on Emily Borel's assist.
Warrick handed out goal-scoring assists to Parrish and Borel in the 20th and 32nd minutes. Borel scored off Parrish's assist in the 24th minute and fed Warrick with an assist in the 34th minute.
Borel's goal in the 70th minute off Warrick's assist capped the scoring.
"The girls played really well," CBA assistant coach Byron Adkins said. "(We) came out strong (and) overall it was a good performance. We look forward to the next game."
The Golden Falcons improved to 10-3-0 overall and 7-0-0 against ECC opposition this season.
C.B. Aycock 12, Triton 1 (5 inn.)
* ERWIN -- Katie Gay smashed two home runs and C.B. Aycock dismantled Triton, 12-1, in Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference play Friday evening.
Reagan Herndon (three RBI) and Brooke Bell, who continues to recover from a tendon injury, provided two hits apiece. Meredith Burroughs (two RBI), Rachel Jordan, Connor Davis and Cierra Harris (two RBI) each had one hit.
Burroughs improved to 5-0 inside the pitcher's circle and held the Hawks to two hits in four scoreless innings of work. Harris threw the fifth inning. The duo combined for two strikeouts and three walks in the mercy-rule contest.
The Golden Falcons (11-2 overall, 7-0 ECC) entertain D.H. Conley at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Faith Christian 9,
Woodland Baptist 4
* Three Faith Christian pitchers combined for 18 strikeouts and Faith Christian turned back Woodland Baptist, 9-4, on Friday afternoon.
Wes Caudle started on the hill and logged eight strikeouts in three innings. Brandon Jones provided two innings of seven-strikeout relief, while Michael Clarke struck out the side in the seventh.
Senior catcher Silas Denlinger homered and doubled, and scored three runs. Connor Anderson provided one hit and scored two runs.
Faith Christian improved to 9-1 overall.
North Pitt 6, Greene Central 3
* SNOW HILL -- North Pitt doubled up Greene Central, 6-3, in an Eastern Plains 2-A Conference game contested on the James R. Fulghum Athletic Complex diamond Friday evening.
Tucker Jones led the Rams with two hits and an RBI.
Ben Brann endured the pitching loss.
Greene Central (4-8 overall, 2-4 EPC) travels to C.B. Aycock on Tuesday. First pitch is 5 p.m. The Golden Falcons won the previous meeting 2-0.
* Baseball: Wayne Christian 15, Epiphany 2 -- Bryce Norman and Hunter Burt each belted an inside-the-park home run. Trey Hinton paced the Eagles' offense with three hits. Jake Riffle, Brandon Price and Austin Howell finished with two hits apiece. Norman, Howell and Foss settled down after a shaky first inning and held Epiphany in check.