By From staff reports
Published in Sports on April 5, 2012 1:49 PM
Eastern Wayne 9, North Lenoir 0
* Eastern Wayne kept its perfect record intact with a 9-0 win over Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference opponent North Lenoir on Wednesday.
Russell Turner, Steven Taylor, Mitchell Kaspar, Sawyer Thompson, Rex Smith and Matt Wilkins each claimed a singles point for the Warriors.
The duos of Turner-Kaspar, Taylor-Smith and Thompson-Wilkins each prevailed in doubles play.
Eastern Wayne (14-0 overall, 10-0 ECC) travels to Southern Wayne on April 16.
C.B. Aycock 9,
Southern Wayne 0
* DUDLEY -- Charles B. Aycock showed no mercy in a 9-0 win over Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference and county rival Southern Wayne on Wednesday afternoon.
Will Hoff, Michael Kearney, Addison Vail, Austin Walker, Chas Hooks and Sam Chastain each won their respective singles match.
The tandems of Jackson Yelverton-Chastain, Hoff-Kearney and Vail-Walker each prevailed in doubles play.
C.B. Aycock (14-3 overall, 9-1 ECC) plays host to Cleveland on April 16.
C.B. Aycock 13,
Southern Wayne 0
* DUDLEY -- Charles B. Aycock kept Southern Wayne off the scoreboard in a 13-0 win on Wednesday night in Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference action.
Cierra Harris earned the win in the pitcher's circle. Harris tossed four innings and struck out one batter.
Ivy Hartzell led the Golden Falcons at the plate with four hits and two RBI. Meredith Burroughs belted a home run and finished with three RBI. Brooke Bell and Rachel Jordan each had two hits.
Madison Davis and Keaten Bradley each had one hit for the Saints.
C.B. Aycock (13-2 overall, 8-0 ECC) travels to North Lenoir on April 20.
Wallace-Rose Hill 10,
North Duplin 9
* WALLACE -- Wallace-Rose Hill scored two runs in the bottom of the seventh inning to get by North Duplin on Wednesday afternoon.
North Duplin will be back in action Tuesday at the Clinton Invitational.
Southern Wayne 10, Kinston 0
* KINSTON -- Southern Wayne scored early and often in a 10-0, non-conference rout of Kinston on Wednesday night.
Dixie Ramirez scored four goals for the Saints. Alva Perez added three goals and Cynthia Rivera finished with two goals. Ana Rodriguez rounded out the Saints' tally with one goal.
Maria Gutierrez recorded six saves in the win.
Southern Wayne (4-6-4 overall) plays host to C.B. Aycock today.
* Baseball: C.B. Aycock 10, Greene Central 0 (5 inn.) -- Logan Runyon, Charlie Robertson and Jake Naughton combined for eight strikeouts and limited Greene Central to three hits in the mercy-rule win at Snow Hill. Hank Smitherman emerged the Golden Falcons' offensive leader with three hits and an RBI. Garrett Joyner (four RBI) provided two hits. Collin Hinnant (RBI), Naughton and Conner Crandall supplied one hit apiece. The Golden Falcons (12-1 overall) entertain Southern Wayne today.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: Spring Creek softball prevails on road
- So. Wayne-W. Carteret box
- Saints' Wendorf strikes out 14
- Together again: Irby, McDuffie, White reunite at Pitt Community College
- Wilson breaks school record
- Trojan softball splits DH with Queens-Charlotte
- Miracle, Rivero pace MOC on volleyball court
- Moser throws shutout, Trojans complete sweep of Limestone
- ECU-Houston play to 4-4, 12-inning stalemate
- Errant throw aids Nash Central victory over Aycock