Wayne Christian advances to finals
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on May 4, 2012 1:48 PM
Chandler Harrell threw a two-hitter and Wayne Christian handed Grace Christian of Raleigh a 12-2, mercy-rule defeat in semifinal-round play of the 2012 Carolina Christian 1-A Conference baseball tournament Thursday evening.
The top-seeded Eagles (14-5 overall) oppose Grace Christian of Sanford today in the championship game on the Wayne Christian diamond. First pitch is 7 p.m. The winner receives the automatic bid to the N.C. Independent Schools Athletic Association 1-A playoffs.
Harrell gave up two runs and walked two in the five-inning affair. He added two hits for the Eagles, who are seeking an unprecedented eighth consecutive CCC tournament title.
"It was senior day and Chandler, by far, pitched his best game of the season," WCS first-year head coach Curt Hinton said.
Senior Chase Darden contributed two hits. Hunter Burt and Trey Hinton added one hit apiece.
"We were hitting the ball hard," said coach Hinton. "They helped us out with some errors."
Other Local Sports
- WCDS rolls past Ridgecroft
- WCDS-Greenfield baseball game suspended
- Epiphany shuts out WCDS on soccer pitch
- Wayne Christian-Grace Sanford box
- Spring Creek locks up No. 2 seed from Carolina Conference
- Smith gets natural hat trick in Rosewood-Princeton: Part III
- Freshman "Brush"es aside archrival
- Friday's prep baseball boxes
- Rebels roll past Gators on softball diamond
- Williams likes Sandhill's up-tempo style of play