Epiphany shuts out WCDS on soccer pitch
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on May 5, 2012 11:15 PM
NEW BERN -- Hayley Ward converted a breakaway in the 56th minute, and The Epiphany School shut out Wayne Country Day, 1-0, on Friday afternoon.
It was the Coastal Plains Independent 1-A Conference regular-season finale for both teams. The Chargers (12-6-0 overall) endured their first shutout loss of the season.
"It was a defensive battle that was physical from start to finish," WCDS head coach Paul Casey said. "Both teams knew the importance of today's game in playoff seeding. The fact that we beat them 2-1 earlier in the season was obviously in their minds as well."
Other Local Sports
- Local Preps Digest
- Faith Christian-Berean baseball box
- MOC -- Valentina Urquiola
- Elon hurlers issue free passes in 6th
- Aycock squanders early lead
- CBA-Fike tennis box
- Fike shows experience in doubles play
- Faith Christian advances to state semis
- Jones-Rose claim Handy Mart championship
- WCDS rolls past Ridgecroft