Rebels roll past Gators on softball diamond
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on May 5, 2012 11:15 PM
SEVEN SPRINGS -- North Duplin erupted for 24 runs in the first three innings combined and handed border rival Spring Creek a 25-6 loss in the Carolina 1-A Conference regular-season finale for both teams Friday evening.
The Rebels (10-9 overall, 6-4 CC) finished tied third for with Ayden-Grifton and will entertain the Chargers on Monday to determine the league's No. 3 seed for the N.C. High School Athletic Association Class 1-A playoffs.
Game time is 6 p.m.
Ansley Hill paced North Duplin's offense with three hits against Spring Creek. Alonna Pate, Skylar McCarty, Raychel Barwick and Kayla Alphin each contributed two hits.
Alexis Sutton provided one hit.
Hill emerged victorious inside the pitcher's circle. She struck out four, walked two and permitted four hits in the mercy rule-shortened affair.
Katlyn Casey, Karen Best, Janna Price and Corrie Archer recorded one hit apiece for the Gators.
Other Local Sports
- Local Preps Digest
- Faith Christian-Berean baseball box
- MOC -- Valentina Urquiola
- Elon hurlers issue free passes in 6th
- Aycock squanders early lead
- CBA-Fike tennis box
- Fike shows experience in doubles play
- Faith Christian advances to state semis
- Jones-Rose claim Handy Mart championship
- WCDS rolls past Ridgecroft