Aycock rolls past Wayne West
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on June 11, 2012 1:48 PM
Conner Crandall cranked out three hits and Charles B. Aycock handed Wayne West an 11-1, mercy-rule loss on the Junior American Legion baseball scene Sunday afternoon.
Crandall plated two runs for Aycock, which capitalized on 10 walks and three hit batsmen. Officials halted the game after six innings due to the 10-run rule lead.
Tim Naughton batted 3-for-4 with two RBI. Hank Smitherman (RBI) and Ben Rouse (two RBI) supplied one hit apiece.
Kyle Davis permitted one earned run on four hits in five innings and emerged the winning pitcher. Noah West tossed one inning of one-hit, three-strikeout relief.
Aycock (4-4 overall) entertains Rocky Mount today. First pitch is 7 p.m. at Charles Davis Field.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne North pitchers Warren, Nix follow coaches' game plan
- Junior Legion boxes
- Junior Legion: Aycock's Runyon tosses complete-game four-hitter
- Texas-based company re-sprigging greens at GMGC
- Rocky Mount beats Aycock
- Walnut Creek LGA
- McKee says Saints' trio should thrive at Guilford Tech
- Lane Tree Ladies Golf news
- C.B. Aycock uses three-run sixth to turn back Rocky Mount
- Webber emerges Wayne County Junior Amateur champ