C.B. Aycock uses three-run sixth to turn back Rocky Mount
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on June 12, 2012 1:46 PM
Aycock edges Rocky Mount
* PIKEVILLE -- Charles B. Aycock posted three sixth-inning runs and slipped past Rocky Mount, 3-1, in a Junior American Legion baseball game at Charles Davis Field.
Jacob Naughton tossed a complete-game, five-hitter and struck out four Rocky Mount batters. He yielded two walks.
Hank Smitherman (RBI) and Noah West (RBI) paced the Aycock offense with two hits apiece. Naughton and Gregory Johnson each provided one hit. Tim Naughton contributed an RBI.
Rocky Mount committed three errors and its pitching staff hit two batters in the game that was played in a light rainfaill.
Weather permitting, Aycock (5-4 overall) travels to Rocky Mount today. The teams conclude their three-game series Wednesday at Aycock. First pitch for both games is 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Clayton rallies past Wayne Co.
- Woodard signs with Mount Olive College
- Wayne North pitchers Warren, Nix follow coaches' game plan
- Junior Legion boxes
- Junior Legion: Aycock's Runyon tosses complete-game four-hitter
- Texas-based company re-sprigging greens at GMGC
- Rocky Mount beats Aycock
- Walnut Creek LGA
- McKee says Saints' trio should thrive at Guilford Tech
- Lane Tree Ladies Golf news