Rocky Mount beats Aycock
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on June 13, 2012 1:48 PM
ROCKY MOUNT -- Rocky Mount scored a run in every inning and pounded out nine hits in a 9-2 victory over Aycock during Junior American Legion baseball action Tuesday evening.
Weather permitting, the teams conclude their three-game series today in Pikeville. First pitch is 7 p.m. at Charles Davis Field.
Jacob Naughton paced the Aycock offense with two hits and an RBI. Garrett Joyner (RBI) contributed a base hit. Tim Naughton and Conner Crandall (RBI) each doubled.
Gregory Johnson endured the loss. He permitted seven runs (three earned) on eight hits, struck out three and walked four in 41/3 innings. Tim Naughton hurled 12/3 innings of one-hit, two-strikeout relief.
Aycock committed seven errors.
Other Local Sports
- Carter Capps reaches Southern League All-star game
- Burroughs patience proved crucial
- Amazing run for Bell
- Matthews counted his blessings
- Clayton rallies past Wayne Co.
- Woodard signs with Mount Olive College
- Wayne North pitchers Warren, Nix follow coaches' game plan
- Junior Legion boxes
- Junior Legion: Aycock's Runyon tosses complete-game four-hitter
- Texas-based company re-sprigging greens at GMGC