Aycock defeats Wilson, 9-2, in Junior Legion
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on June 19, 2012 1:48 PM
WILSON -- Tim Naughton doubled twice and drove in three runs during Charles B. Aycock's 9-2 triumph over Wilson in an American Junior Legion baseball contest Monday evening.
Naughton finished the night 3-for-4 overall.
Hank Smitherman batted 2-for-4 with an RBI. Bobby Hampton, Trent Herndon and Bobby Leeper (RBI) contributed one hit apiece. Noah West also plated a run.
Aycock tallied seven runs in the first three innings combined, which gave winning pitcher Jacob Naughton plenty of room to work. Naughton permitted one earned run on four hits, struck out two and walked two in a five-inning stint.
Kyle Davis contributed two innings of one-hit relief.
Aycock entertains Wilson today. First pitch is 7 p.m. at Charles Davis Field on the CBA campus.
Other Local Sports
- Local opinion: Goldsboro must find boys' basketball coach soon
- Aycock Junior Legion defeated by Wilson
- Wayne North falls to Rocky Mount
- Winless New Bern stuns Wayne County Post 11
- Rocky Mount-Wayne North Junior Legion box
- Wayne County Post 11-New Bern Post 24 box
- Junior Legion: Rhodes' walk-off single lifts North Duplin in 10th inning
- Derrick Minor named new PHS football coach
- Wayne South's Cashwell shuts down Spring Creek
- Babe Ruth 10U Baseball: Rosewood beats Northwest