Junior Legion: Runyon leads Aycock offense, gets pitching win
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on June 20, 2012 1:48 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Logan Runyon pounded out three hits and drove in four runs, and Charles B. Aycock dismantled Wilson, 13-4, in an American Junior Legion game at Charles Davis Field on Tuesday evening.
Garrett Joyner (RBI) and Bobby Hampton (RBI) supplied two singles apiece for Aycock, which pounded out 11 hits overall. Hank Smitherman, Noah West (two RBI), Jacob Naughton (three RBI) and Tim Naughton each contributed one hit.
Aycock capitalized on seven walks and five Wilson errors.
Runyon provided 21/3 innings of one-hit, one-strikeout relief to earn the mound win behind starter Bobby Hampton. Hampton surrendered four earned runs on five hits and fanned six Wilson batters in 32/3 innings of work.
Charlie Robertson threw a scoreless seventh.
The teams conclude their three-day, three-game series at Wilson today. First pitch is 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Local opinion: Goldsboro must find boys' basketball coach soon
- Aycock Junior Legion defeated by Wilson
- Wayne North falls to Rocky Mount
- Winless New Bern stuns Wayne County Post 11
- Rocky Mount-Wayne North Junior Legion box
- Wayne County Post 11-New Bern Post 24 box
- Junior Legion: Rhodes' walk-off single lifts North Duplin in 10th inning
- Derrick Minor named new PHS football coach
- Wayne South's Cashwell shuts down Spring Creek
- Babe Ruth 10U Baseball: Rosewood beats Northwest