Aycock Junior Legion defeated by Wilson
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on June 22, 2012 1:48 PM
From staff reports
WILSON -- Charles B. Aycock managed just two hits and endured a 7-3 loss against Wilson in an American Junior Legion baseball game Wednesday evening.
Garrett Joyner doubled and plated a run, while Jacob Naughton singled in the road loss. Logan Runyon provided an RBI.
Wilson collected six runs (five earned) on five hits and capitalized on two walks by Aycock pitcher Gregory Johnson, who worked just two innings. Runyon tossed three innings of three-hit, five-strikeout relief. Noah West threw the seventh and fanned three Wilson batters.
Aycock entertains Wayne South on Sunday. First pitch is 2 p.m. at Charles Davis Field.
Other Local Sports
- Wilson turns back Wayne West, 4-1
- Lane Tree Ladies golf news
- Junior Legion: Aycock's Jacob Naughton tosses complete-game shutout
- Dove's bases-clearing triple sparks Wayne County Post 11 offense
- Post 11-Ahoskie box
- Junior Legion: Aycock beats Wayne South, Wayne West turns back Wilson
- Taylor Brock headed to Wake Tech
- Post 11-PItt County box
- Post 11 dominates Pitt County
- Marvin Bowman steps down at Eastern Wayne