Junior Legion: Rhodes' walk-off single lifts North Duplin in 10th inning
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on June 22, 2012 1:48 PM
CALYPSO -- Blake Rhodes delivered the game-winning walk-off single in the bottom of the 10th inning, and North Duplin turned back White Oak, 6-5, in an American Junior Legion baseball game Thursday evening.
Mitchell Thigpen started the rally with a lead-off triple. On the next pitch, Rhodes picked up his second hit in six official at-bats and collected his lone RBI. Thigpen finished the night with a double, triple and three runs scored during a 3-for-5 performance.
Dakota Boggs and Taylen Lewis (RBI) each provided two hits.
Trey Pate fanned eight White Oak batters and permitted three runs in six innings of work. Dustin Carter and Thigpen combined to throw the final four innings.
Other Local Sports
- Taylor Brock headed to Wake Tech
- Post 11-PItt County box
- Post 11 dominates Pitt County
- Marvin Bowman steps down at Eastern Wayne
- Barbour-Stafford sign with Southeastern CC
- Local opinion: Goldsboro must find boys' basketball coach soon
- Aycock Junior Legion defeated by Wilson
- Wayne North falls to Rocky Mount
- Winless New Bern stuns Wayne County Post 11
- Rocky Mount-Wayne North Junior Legion box