North Duplin Junior Legion team hammers Topsail
By Staff Reports
Published in Sports on June 30, 2012 11:04 PM
CALYPSO -- Dustin Carter and Taylen Lewis combined for a three-hitter, and North Duplin pounded out an 8-3 victory over Topsail in a Junior American Legion baseball game Friday evening.
Carter and Lewis combined for three strikeouts.
"I thought Dustin and Taylen did a great job of keeping the ball low to get ground balls," North Duplin head coach James Hobbs said. "Whenever a team allows only three runs, you know you have done two things well and that's pitching and playing defense."
Bryce Best (two RBI), Tyler Potter (two RBI) and Trey Pate (RBI) cranked out two hits apiece in the win. Potter also doubled in four at-bats.
"I thought we played the most complete game yet this summer," Hobbs said. "We were aggressive and hustled, which is something I haven't seen yet in the first five games. If we continue, we will be very successful the rest of the summer."
Other Local Sports
- County's best prepare to tee it up
- Kinston dumps Wayne County
- Wayne County-Kinston box
- Local Digest
- Wayne County walk-off winners
- Senior Legion box
- North Duplin tops Dixon in junior legion
- Rosewood grad Will Winslow signs with Coker
- Wayne County survives, sweeps regular-season series from Post 39
- TV sportswatch adv. 6.25.12