James Kenan outlasts Southern Wayne in JV football
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on August 17, 2012 1:48 PM
• James Kenan 28, Southern Wayne 16 -- Southern Wayne recovered three fumbles, but endured a season-opening 28-16 loss on Thursday night at James Kenan.
The Saints' Xavier Pearsall rushed for 59 yards, including a 12-yard touchdown run. James Leonard added 56 yards rushing. Lowell Deans and Tyiare Allen both ran for 2-point conversions. Shamar Faison recovered a Tigers' fumble and returned it 30 yards for a touchdown. Faison also recorded seven tackles. Deans and OkKanye Wallace each had a fumble recovery. Marquail Roddick had 10 tackles.
Southern Wayne (0-1 overall) entertains Northern Nash on Aug. 23.
• Eastern Wayne vs. Wilson Hunt -- EW athletics director Jabo Fulghum announced Thursday afternoon that the Warriors' season-opening game has been postponed until a later date.
Other Local Sports
- WCDS volleyball suffers first defeat of the season
- Hickory Christian shuts out WCDS on soccer pitch
- Saints net non-conference win over Clinton
- Spring Creek-South Lenoir box
- Devils cruise past Gators
- Princeton-Hobbton box
- Hobbton spoils Minor's head coaching debut at Princeton
- North Duplin - Southside box
- Wildcats too much for Cougars
- Royal, Rebels run over Southside