WCDS volleyball suffers first defeat of the season
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on August 18, 2012 11:08 PM
Wayne Country Day claimed the opening set, but Hickory Christian rallied for a 20-25, 25-22, 25-19, 25-13 non-conference victory Friday afternoon.
Sophomore setter Rachel Uzzell logged another double-double with 18 assists and 10 digs for the Chargers. Senior middle hitter Hannah Pearson chipped in eight kills and 10 digs, while Jessica Zhou provided 11 digs, two kills and two service aces.
Sarah Crooks (three kills, five digs), Bailee Creger (three aces, five kills, six digs) and Savannah Strickland (two digs) each contributed in the four-set loss.
The Chargers fell to 2-1 overall.
Other Local Sports
- JV sports: Rosewood sweeps Union
- Princeton drops non-league, five-set tilt at Bunn
- Rosewood spikes Union in three sets
- Ramirez notches four goals in Saints' win over Goldsboro
- Rosewood boots North Johnston, 3-1
- Warriors complete regular-season sweep of Cougars in volleyball
- Area football players of the week for Aug. 24
- Heller takes over MOC men's volleyball program
- Lane Tree Ladies Golf
- Prep football notebook