Rosewood boots North Johnston, 3-1
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 21, 2012 1:49 PM
Rosewood launched its 2012 boys' soccer season with a 3-1 win over North Johnston on Monday night.
Sy Truong opened the scoring for the Eagles in the first half with a goal that came off a Marquail Almontser assist. Jyonte Raynor put Rosewood ahead 2-0 before the intermission when he connected off an assist by Josh Drew.
Thanh Truong capped the Eagles' tally with a second-half goal off an assist from Raynor.
Rosewood (1-0-0 overall) plays host to Wallace-Rose Hill today.
Other Local Sports
- Local Preps Digest
- Walnut Creek LGA
- Bell gets first win
- Wallace-Rose Hill takes control early
- Princeton secures season-opening win
- Stevens: Golden Falcons must continue trend
- JV sports: Rosewood sweeps Union
- Princeton drops non-league, five-set tilt at Bunn
- Rosewood spikes Union in three sets
- Ramirez notches four goals in Saints' win over Goldsboro