Greene Central falls to Ayden-Grifton
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on August 26, 2012 1:52 AM
Greene Central 18
• AYDEN -- Ayden-Grifton exploded for 20 points in the third quarter and put away Greene Central 37-18 on Friday night.
The Rams kept the game close in the first half thanks to some stellar defense in the red zone that limited the Chargers to just 10 points on three trips inside the 20-yard line.
Greene Central quarterback Austin Batchelor hit Joseph Biggs with an 82-yard scoring strike late in the half to cut the deficit to 10-6 at the break.
Ayden-Grifton got its offense rolling in the third quarter as Tyree Blount, Brandon Larry and Rodney Nelson each capped a drive with a touchdown run that all but sealed the outcome.
Kurtis Braswell added a touchdown run and a punt return for touchdown for the Rams in the second half, but it was too little too late.
Batchelor paced the Rams' attack with 13 completions for a career-best 287 yards and one touchdown. Biggs finished with four catches for 108 yards. Braswell led the Rams ground game with 68 yards on 12 carries.
Greene Central (1-1 overall) visits C.B. Aycock on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Eagles' backfield stays on same page in home victory
- Spring Creek-Lejeune box
- Southern Wayne-N.Nash box
- Early mistakes troublesome for Spring Creek
- Rosewood-Wake Christian box
- Princeton-Midway box
- James Kenan hammers Jones
- North Duplin-Lakewood box
- Princeton stumbles against Midway
- Lakewood blanks North Duplin