James Kenan hammers Jones
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on August 26, 2012 1:52 AM
TRENTON -- James Kenan jumped in front of Jones Senior early and never looked back in a 29-6, non-conference victory Friday evening.
Ja'Quan Williams got the Tigers started with an 85-yard scoring run late in the first quarter. Dominique Barnes raced in for the two-point conversion and set the visitors up 8-0.
On the next James Kenan possession, Marcelias Sutton broke a long run and he went 78-yards to paydirt.
Frederick Miller put the game on ice just before the halftime break with a 13-yard touchdown sprint that put the Tigers ahead 22-0.
"It seemed like we would gain two or three yards on consecutive plays and then all the sudden we would break one," James Kenan head coach Ken Avent Jr. said. "Our line did a very good job in some wet conditions of staying on blocks and opening some nice holes."
Kashawn Ammons capped the Tigers' scoring total with an 8-yard run in the fourth quarter. Danilo Villalobos added the extra point.
James Kenan (2-0 overall) plays host to East Duplin next Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest
- Rosewood sweeps Wayne Christian in volleyball
- North Lenoir forfeits win over West Montgomery
- Massengill, Paul each record 12 kills in Princeton's loss to Fike
- Truong duo for Rosewood too strong against Lakewood
- Phillips, Gonzales lead Princeton past SW Edgecombe
- Hawkins records ace at GMGC
- MOC women's volleyball team picked to finish 7th in preseason poll
- Lane Tree Ladies Golf Association
- Grieve's goal salvages 3-3 tie for C.B. Aycock