JV football: Goldsboro nips Eastern Wayne
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on August 27, 2012 1:48 PM
Goldsboro 12, Eastern Wayne 10
* Joshua Wootson rushed for one touchdown and Eric Bufkin hauled in a 27-yard scoring strike in the Cougars' non-conference victory at Little Big Horn.
Rayvonne Barnes paced Goldsboro's ground game with 46 yards on nine totes, while Wootson added 28 yards. Nashir Bowden threw for 107 yards. Taylin Davis and Daktavious Wheeler each caught one pass for 56 and 24 yards, respectively.
Demanquez Campbell led the Cougar defense with 12 tackles. Wootson recorded two quarterback sacks. Isiah Core had one fumble recovery and one sack. Malcolm Davis and Bufkin each picked off an Eastern Wayne pass.
KK Best pulled in a 65-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Ricky Steiner. Larry Newsome added the two-point conversion.
Best and Kevin Larson collected nine tackles apiece for the Warriors' defense, which also recorded a safety.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest
- Rosewood sweeps Wayne Christian in volleyball
- North Lenoir forfeits win over West Montgomery
- Massengill, Paul each record 12 kills in Princeton's loss to Fike
- Truong duo for Rosewood too strong against Lakewood
- Phillips, Gonzales lead Princeton past SW Edgecombe
- Hawkins records ace at GMGC
- MOC women's volleyball team picked to finish 7th in preseason poll
- Lane Tree Ladies Golf Association
- Grieve's goal salvages 3-3 tie for C.B. Aycock