CBA's Alexander, Perkins have good outings at ECC kickoff meet
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on September 1, 2012 11:08 PM
FOUR OAKS -- Charles B. Aycock's Marvin Alexander and Kennedy Perkins each recorded a top-10 finish during the season-opening, Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference kickoff meet hosted by South Johnston.
Alexander placed fourth among the boys with a time of 20 minutes, 36 seconds. Cleveland's Jarrett Hayes placed first in 19:04, followed by Triton's Jared Keever (19:47) and South Johnston's Blake Parker (20:03).
The Golden Falcons' Adam Pate ended up seventh in 21:34.
Orlando Cannon led North Lenoir with a ninth-place time of 21:53.
Tim Cooper was Eastern Wayne's top runner, while William Best led Southern Wayne.
Triton won the meet with 42 points.
Perkins crossed the line in 27:23, good enough for ninth overall.
Alyssa Akers led Eastern Wayne with a 12th-place performance of 27:50. Shannon Casto paced Southern Wayne, while Morgan Harrison finished as North Lenior's top runner.
Triton took four of the top seven spots and scored a meet-best 18 points.
Other Local Sports
- Neuse Christian rallies from two-set deficit against Wayne Christian
- Wayne Christian finds offense against Neuse Christian
- Saints' special teams play crucial at White Oak
- Spring Creek-SE Halifax box
- Spring Creek gets in shootout with Southeast Halifax
- Southern Wayne-White Oak box
- Rosewood-Midway box
- Midway builds three-TD lead, routs Rosewood
- Dixon scores late TD, edges Princeton 24-20
- Princeton-Dixon box