Wayne Christian boys take five-team cross country meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 12, 2012 1:49 PM
Wayne Christian's boys placed four runners in the top five finishers and claimed first place in a five-team meet Tuesday afternoon at Waynesborough Park.
The Eagles' Connor Jones finished first with a time of 18 minutes, 32 seconds. Teammate Spencer Foster was second with a time of 21:05. Wayne Christian's Adam Hudson (22:07) and Levi Miller (22:20) were fourth and fifth, respectively.
Wayne Country Day's Jackson Warren finished third in 21:21.
The Eagles complied 19 team points and Oakwood finished second with 65 points. Cornerstone (107) and Cape Fear (115) were third and fourth, respectively. Wayne Country Day did not record a team score.
Cornerstone claimed the girls' portion of the meet with a team score of 32. Oakwood (38) and Cape Fear (44) rounded out the team scoring.
Sarah Allen was the Eagles' top individual female runner with a second-place finish and a time of 24:50. Wayne Christian's Georgia Parnell was sixth in 28:26.
The Chargers' Lisa Peacock was seventh in 28:57 and teammate Ami Hodges was 10th in 32:34.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV roundup
- Walnut Creek Ladies Golf news
- Despite early-season hard luck, Minor knows hard work will pay off for Bulldogs
- Neuse River Youth Football League results
- Princeton shuts out Neuse Charter
- Greene Central, Tarboro battle to 1-1 draw
- Pate notches hat trick for Goldsboro
- Saints' Benitez has hot foot against Warriors
- Burroughs delivers 9 kills in CBA road win
- Wayne Christian trips up CCC power Crossroads Christian