O'Hara shoots opening-round 75
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on September 18, 2012 1:48 PM
KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. -- Mount Olive junior Mark O'Hara fired an opening-round 75 and trails the leader by nine strokes at the Kiawah Island Invitational.
O'Hara was one of three Trojans to break 80, joining teammates David Shields and Philippe Tjantele, who each carded a 79. O'Hara is tied for 42nd out of 95 individuals after 18 holes.
Jesus Valderama finished with an 82, while Dalton Gore carded an 84.
MOC fired a team score of 315.
The 36-hole tournament concludes today.
SUMTER, S.C. -- Mount Olive sophomore Edgar Bub claimed the Group A singles title during the Conference Carolinas fall men's individual tennis championships at the Palmetto Tennis Center.
Bub swept all four opponents in straight sets, including Limestone's Carlos Yates 6-2, 6-0 in the championship match. Bub and doubles mate Rik Wolthuis advanced to the finals of the Group A doubles bracket.
On the women's side, Trojan sophomore Francesca Ceppi rebounded from a second-round loss and placed third overall in the Group A singles bracket.
Other Local Sports
- Preps digest: JV sports
- Walnut Creek Ladies Golf news
- Rosewood seeking consistency on gridiron
- Balderas hands out 4 assists in Dogs' win
- Wayne Christian spikers fall to Cresset
- Epiphany defeats WCDS in volleyball
- Wayne Christian boys take 4-team meet
- Preps digest: JV, middle school, youth sports
- Goldsboro Municipal GC hosting epic challenge
- Rosewood drops 5-set affair against Fike