Wayne Christian boys take 4-team meet
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on September 19, 2012 1:48 PM
SANFORD -- Wayne Christian runners claimed seven of the top nine spots and posted a near-perfect score during a four-team boys' meet hosted by Grace Christian.
Connor Jones ran a meet-winning time of 17 minutes, 59 seconds for the Eagles, who collected 16 points. Baron Wise (21:25), Spencer Foster (21:31) and Christopher Easom (22:07) finished second through fourth, respectively.
The Eagles' Adam Hudson placed sixth in 22:35, while teammate Matthew Wells ended up seventh in 22:40. Ben Sawyer finished ninth in 22:48 to complete Wayne Christian's dominating effort.
Grace Christian of Sanford finished second with 53 points, followed by Cape Fear Christian with 63. Lee Christian participated, but not field enough runners for a team score.
On the girls' side, Wayne Christian's Sarah Allen (26:34) and Georgia Parnell (28:53) ended up third and fourth, respectively.
Other Local Sports
- Another tie for Aycock, Spring Creek on soccer pitch
- Golden Falcons sweep Saints in volleyball
- Saints notch first win of 2012 on golf links
- Golden Falcons double up Greenfield
- Eastern Wayne hammers out 8-1 decision over Cleveland
- Rosewood soars past Neuse Charter
- Saints shut out Hawks, 1-0
- James Kenan reserves getting the job done
- Carolina 1-A cross country results
- Coor, Collins keep steady pace in Carolina 1-A cross country meet