Saints shut out Hawks, 1-0
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 20, 2012 1:49 PM
La GRANGE -- Southern Wayne scored in the 25th minute and its defense preserved a 1-0 victory over Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference foe North Lenoir at Bullock Field on Wednesday evening.
The Saints' Anuar Ramirez pushed through a header after teammates Cesar Benitez and Billy Gonzalez worked the ball into the penalty area.
Alejandro Sandoval had four saves for the Saints, while Caleb Baird recorded six stops for the Hawks.
Southern Wayne (6-2-1 overall) travels to Spring Creek today. North Lenoir (3-7-2, 1-3-1 ECC) is the guest of Eastern Wayne on Monday.
Other Local Sports
- Spring Creek avenges loss to county foe
- Rosewood sweeps N. Duplin
- County foes go scoreless until last 10 minutes
- Oakwood spikers defeat Wayne Country Day
- Triton sweeps regular-season series from CBA
- Princeton stays unbeaten in Carolina 1-A play
- Spring Creek stops Goldsboro in 4 sets
- Trio scores in WCDS road win
- Saints defeat Cleveland twice
- Greenfield trips up Wayne Christian