Preps digest: JV, middle schools roundup
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 21, 2012 1:48 PM
* Volleyball: Rosewood d. North Duplin 25-15, 25-21 -- Callie Thornton paced the Eagles (13-1 overall, 3-0 CC) with six kills. Kayla Hardee had five assists.
* Volleyball: Spring Creek d. Goldsboro 20-25, 25-15, 25-12 -- Lexi Reyes finished with eight assists for the Gators (5-2, 1-2 CC). Daisy Martinez had eight kills and five aces. Kaylee Lyon paced the Cougars with seven aces and three kills.
* Volleyball: Triton d. C.B. Aycock 25-18, 25-16 -- The Golden Falcons (3-9, 2-5 ECC) are the guests of North Lenoir on Tuesday.
* Volleyball: Oakwood d. Wayne Country Day 25-11, 25-10 -- Wayne Country Day (1-10 overall, 0-5 CPIC) visits Pope John Paul on Tuesday.
* Football: Norwayne 44, Brogden 0 -- Tim Farmer scored a pair of rushing touchdowns for Norwayne. Caleb Grough and Jake Flowers each added a touchdown on the ground. Flowers also threw a touchdown pass to Chandler Matthews. Micah Castillo contributed a pair of two-point conversions. Damien Darden returned a fumble for a touchdown. Troy Barnes, Jabori Cox and Josh Wallace led the team in tackles. Norwayne (2-0 overall) plays host to Dillard on Sept. 27.
* Football: Dillard 28, Greenwood 0 -- Jamal Alston scored three touchdowns for Dillard. Dajuan Waters added a rushing touchdown. Darrell Gaddis contributed 103 yards rushing and Antonio Faison and Malicah Carter both scored on two-point conversions. Waters and Carter led the defense with 10 tackles apiece. Dillard (2-0 overall) visits Greenwood on Sept. 27.
* Soccer: Wayne Christian 4, Christ Covenant-1 -- Holden Jones, Holden Foster, Jaxon Anderson and Stephen Clark each scored for the Eagles (4-1-0 overall). Ryan Theile, Foster and Sawyer Hudson provided assists.
* Volleyball: Norwayne d. Mount Olive 25-13, 25-21, 25-11 -- Norwayne (3-0 overall) plays host to Greenwood on Monday.
* Volleyball: Oakwood d. Wayne Country Day 25-17, 25-18 -- Olivia Dively supplied three aces, three kills and two digs for the Chargers (1-4 overall, 0-4 CPIC). Cheyenne Canuette had three aces.
Other Local Sports
- Spring Creek avenges loss to county foe
- Rosewood sweeps N. Duplin
- County foes go scoreless until last 10 minutes
- Oakwood spikers defeat Wayne Country Day
- Triton sweeps regular-season series from CBA
- Princeton stays unbeaten in Carolina 1-A play
- Spring Creek stops Goldsboro in 4 sets
- Trio scores in WCDS road win
- Saints defeat Cleveland twice
- Greenfield trips up Wayne Christian