Rebels rally late, down Lejeune 42-35
By From staff reports
Published in Sports on September 22, 2012 11:22 PM
JACKSONVILLE -- North Duplin overcame a fourth-quarter deficit and rallied past Lejeune 42-35 on Friday night.
With his team down 35-28 and just eight minutes left in the game, Rebels' quarterback Tyler Royal broke free for a game-tying 43-yard touchdown run. After a Lejeune possession stalled inside the North Duplin red zone, Royal once again responded and led the game-winning drive which culminated in a 38-yard touchdown run with four minutes to play.
Royal finished the game with 200 yards on 20 carries and four touchdowns. The North Duplin quarterback did not complete a pass in three attempts but did make his presence known on special teams with an 83-yard return touchdown.
Julio Mora added 240 yards and one touchdown on 30 carries for the Rebels.
North Duplin (4-1 overall) opens Carolina 1-A Conference play at Goldsboro next Friday.
Other Local Sports
- WCDS dispatches Pope John Paul, 4-1
- Wayne Country Day nets non-league road win
- Wayne Christian drops 5-set affair to Community Christian
- Cyclones edge Eagles in CCC soccer battle
- Triton shuts out Southern Wayne
- Triton-Southern Wayne box
- Spring Creek-Dixon box
- Dixon offense heats up in second half against Gators
- Princeton, SWE play to 0-0 tie
- Snowden's 2-point conversion lifts CBA in overtime